Skin care can be challenging, especially as we age. There are many treatments you can make right at home that can help with many typical skincare issues. Check out these skincare hacks that will help save you time and money. They are not only useful but give safe and long-lasting results too.
1. Soft Skin with LEMON and SUGAR
This one hack is great for people with flaky skin. All you need is a lemon and sugar and follow the steps below:
- Cut a lemon in half.
- Add a tablespoon of brown sugar to it. Squeeze it a bit so that the juice penetrates through and comes above.
- Then rub gently onto the skin until you feel that the skin has become smooth.
- Wash it with warm water and pat dry.
It works! You will notice that your skin has become brighter than before.
2. Moisturize Dry Skin with ROSE-HIP OIL
People with dry skin find it difficult to make their skin retain moisture and look good, especially in dry seasons. Here is an ideal solution to make your skin look supple instantly. You can get rose hip oil on konga or jumia. How to use;
- Water in a spray bottle.
- Add 5 drops of rose-hip oil to it
- Shake the bottle
- Spray it on your face whenever needed
Rose-hip oil contains Vitamin A and helps in stimulating collagen production. Well this can be used as a face serum. Spray it before applying moisturizer.
3. Bye-Bye Eye Issues with TEA BAGS
A lot of us face minor eye problems like eye bags, puffiness and dark circles. There is one thing that can cure all of these, easily at home. All you need to do is to keep the tea bags after drinking tea. Then:
- Refrigerate tea bags
- Place them over the eyelids and lie down
- Keep them there for 15-20 minutes
You will feel that soothing effect on your eyes. The tannins present in the tea bags penetrate into the eye skin calming down the puffiness and make the skin lighter than before.
4. Blackheads go away with TOOTHBRUSH
Imagine some guests arriving in a few minutes and you spot blackheads on your nose. You start panicking as there is no time left to visit a salon. Stop worrying, here is what you can do in a couple of minutes.
- Grab an old toothbrush
- Drop some toothpaste over it
- Move it gently over the blackheads for a minute or so
- Now wash it off with a mild cleaner
- If the skin has turned red, apply ice, this will also make the pores closed
- Don’t forget to moisturize
5. Plump Fuller Lips THE MINT WAY
Ah, this is for the ladies who love to have fuller lips. No need for those risky cosmetic surgeries. They may give you some bizarre results. Do as I tell you:
- Apply coconut oil over the lips or a lip balm
- Now take peppermint oil and apply a small amount on the lips
You will see a natural swelling on the lips making your lips looking fuller and beautiful just as you had always wanted.
6. Numbing Facial with ICE
A great skincare hack, especially for the summer. Ice helps you soothe swelled up skin and close. This is how you should use it:
- Take a few cubes and apply them over your face
- Do this carefully so as not to hurt the broken capillaries below the skin’s surface. People with sensitive skin should use a towel to wrap the cubes
- Do this for sometime until your skin feels lightly numb
It will banish swelling and help you look as fresh as after a good nights sleep.